Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Calming the Skin!!

Recently my skin has been breaking out in areas it does not usually break out, like the forehead and above the lip. It has been going on for most of March. I am still trying to figure out what I am doing differently to cause this. It could be because I was trying and switching a good few products like cleansers, moisturisers and foundations. Or it could be my diet? Or that I don't always wash my face at night? Or hormones? Weather? Or a combination of all the above. It's hard to know for definite!

Anyway today I was dying to get home from work to clean my face, so as to let it breath and be product-free. However, in order to become product-free I needed a product to clean off my make up so I decided on Avene's Gentle Gel Cleanser as I thought it would be the most gentle. I used the facial brush very gently as I have not used it in a week or two! Oh how I love those bristles!!

  
I went about my evening then, product-free but before long my face felt tight and dry and I knew I wouldn't last in that product-free state. So I rummaged through all my moisturisers (as the one I have been using the past week or two could be the cause of my breakout) and went back to the good ol' faithful Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturiser. During the rummage, I rediscovered their Redness Solutions which I had forgotten about. 

I have not had the most consistent skincare routine lately as I have been trying and testing a cleanser here and a moisturiser there. My face does not know what it will be lathered in from one day to the next so I think it's time to be more consistent and simple and minimise the amount of product being applied. This, of course, puts an end to the shopping for a while as I am quite the skincare shopper!

I have been drinking more water than usual lately so I am going to continue to do so, alongside my more consistent skincare routine. 

 What do you do to calm your skin??

No comments: