Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Healthy hair!

When my hair is wet
My scalp was a little dry after the winter so I used Head & Shoulders Anti-Dandruff with Almond Oil a few times to clear it up. I loved this. I don't usually go for 2 in 1's but as far as I can remember the version I wanted (with Almond Oil) was not available as a shampoo alone. The first time I used it my hair was left in great condition and was really shiny. However, after a good few uses, I thought it was quite drying on my hair (not my scalp). It could have been because I was not conditioning it (as it is a 2 in 1). It did what it was meant to do though - treat dry scalp and dandruff.

At the moment I am using Herbal Essences Clarifying Shampoo and Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Conditioner. I find this shampoo leaves my hair very clean and fresh and the conditioner is thick and luxurious. It is recommended to leave it in for a few minutes.

To get a great shine, I turn the shower way down to the coldest I can bear, letting the water run over my hair, avoiding my body (brrr!). I find this really wakes me up too - so refreshing when you're feeling sleepy!!


When my hair is damp
I spray a few pumps of Herbal Essences Bee Strong Strengthening Cream or L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil on my hands and work into the lengths of my hair.

When my hair is dry
Especially when straightening my hair, or even if I don't, I use Toni & Guy's Shine Gloss Serum which I highly recommend as it makes your hair shinier, softer and smoother. I sometimes use the L'Oreal Oil in dry hair too.

Depending on the time I have and the condition of my hair, I go between all these products. After washing my hair I would only use one other product and at that, I use a minimum amount.

No comments: