Sunday, April 27, 2014

Updated workout routine

Recently my workout routine has changed a little so I thought I would share it with you.

I like to start off on the treadmill to warm up and work up to a bit of a sweat. Last time I wrote about this, I was jogging but for now I prefer to walk and increase the incline for part of it. I walk for about 20 minutes at around 6.5k/h, depending on the incline (0-3%). At 3% incline, I drop it down to about 5.8k/h.

Then I go on the eliptical/X trainer which I find tough enough but I enjoy it. I am building up slowly. I have yet to exceed 10 minutes but I'll get there. I vary between level 4 and 7.

Then I finish on the spinning bike, which I love. I vary between level 5 and 7 and do between 10 and 20 minutes.

I no longer go for the rower as I find the other machines more enjoyable. 

All this cardio causes me to break a sweat and really gets the heart pumping. It also gets those 'feel good' endorphins buzzing around :)

I end with a few minutes lifting 2kg weights, working on my biceps and triceps. 

I drink about a litre of water during the whole workout.

I feel my body is tighter and I have also gotten smaller in terms of inches. A good gauge to go by is to try on a dress that is figure hugging instead of weighing yourself. 

What is your exercise routine?? Please comment :)

No comments: