Sunday, March 16, 2014

REAL TECHNIQUES Expert Face & Stippling Brushes

During my little shopping spree, I picked myself up two new brushes. I had heard so much about Real Techniques brushes and stippling brushes so I said I had to satisfy my curiosity and try them out for myself! There was a 3 for 2 offer on so I bought these with Bourjois' 123 Perfect foundation I posted about yesterday. I opted for the face and stippling brushes and tried them both out this morning. I thought I would do one half of my face with each brush to compare and contrast. 

Expert Face Brush:
I really like this. It is so different from any other foundation brushes I have in terms of shape; I am used to working with flat brushes but this is more rounded, which is good for manoeuvring around the nose and eye area. It is very easy to use and apply foundation with. The bristles are also so soft and I found that foundation does not cling to the bristles as much as with others I have.

Stippling Brush:
I found this harder to use. The bristles seemed quite prickly on my skin and I was unable to get a good finish with my liquid foundation. I had to complete my face with the Expert Face Brush. The pressing action to be used with the stippling brush did not work for me - yet! I will experiment more  with this brush tomorrow!

All in all I am very happy with my
purchases and I am looking forward to experimenting and finding more uses for them. They are also self-standing which is always handy. I was very pleased with my finished look using Bourjois' 123 Perfect foundation.

No comments: