Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Returning to work!

Well it is coming up to a busy time of year for me - returning to work after a lovely, relaxing break. I don't have children and admire all parents out there who devote their lives to theirs. I only have myself to dress, wash and feed, however this self-management routine gets pretty tricky when I am not organised, which is most of the time!!

I remember mornings I got out of bed too late, only to find I had nothing to wear and had no choice but to spray my hair with dry shampoo. Night time showers make so much sense if your time is limited in the morning, but do I take them then - no! 

I'm the type of person who keeps on driving past garages when the light comes on. This is just not good enough. 

So I thought I would share with you my life's little challenges. 
  • Meals: Going through the work day without eating a lunch, because I didn't have anything suitable to bring or I did not have enough time to stop at the shop. 
  • Piano Practice: Too tired to practice, no motivation or no time.
  • Clothes: Outfit not suitable for work or in the wash.
  • Work: Paper work building up, time-consuming and not very thrilling!
  • Gym: Too tired and the couch a much nicer option
And here is my POA (Plan of Action) for each of them.
  • Meals: Be prepared and buy plenty of lunch type foods. 
  • Piano: Be disciplined and do a bit every day instead of 5 hours practice close to my lesson!!!
  • Clothes: Decide what to wear the night before.
  • Work: Do a bit every day and avoid it piling up!
  • Gym: Make time to go
Each weekend I will let you know if I am sticking to my new plan. What do you do to stay organised??

No comments: