Sunday, June 15, 2014

The Body Shop's Vitamin E Overnight Serum-in-oil & Moisture Lotion SPF 15

Hello everyone, I am back after a busy few weeks. I thought I would update you on two vitamin E products from The Body Shop - their moisture lotion and their overnight serum-in-oil. 

Their moisture lotion is for daytime and has an SPF of 15. It claims to help protect skin from environmental damage and premature skin aging. Although it is very creamy and leaves skin feeling soft, it did not soak into one dry patch of dry skin that I had. It was very moisturising for all other parts of my face though. It also has a strong scent, a sun protection type scent. It is a little on the greasy side so even though it says it is for all skin types I would not think it would be ideal for oily skin. So on the plus side it has an SPF and leaves your skin feeling soft and on the down side it has a strong scent, is a bit too greasy for my liking and it does not penetrate dry patches. I definitely would not opt for this again. 

Thankfully, the overnight serum-in-oil was a lot better. It claims to replenish and recharge moisture while you sleep. I definitely noticed a difference using this; my skin felt so soft after just one use. It has a slight scent. It really softened the more 'normal' parts of my skin but did not work wonders on the blemishes. This would be ideal for people with 'normal' skin; I cannot imagine it would be good for anyone with clogged, congested skin or very dry skin. I will continue to use this for its softening qualities.

No comments: