Sunday, June 15, 2014

Cotton pads or face cloth?

I have swayed between both cotton pads and face cloths but at the moment I am settling with the latter!

Face cloths can have a gentle exfoliating effect, depending on how you use them. I find they are faster and easier to remove make-up and cleanser. When I use them now, I only use them for one day, in the morning and evening, and then I put it in the wash so it's pretty hygienic. However, due to the texture of the face cloth, it is quite easy to pull and drag at your skin. If care is taken though, face cloths are a good option. 

Cotton pads are more costly as they need to replaced regularly. Unless you are careful, you could spread product around your face while using them. I find it takes longer to remove make-up with them and I need more make-up remover/cleanser in order to do so, which is further expense. However, when you are feeling lazy and you just want to hop into bed, the cotton pads are handy. They also come in handy on nights away where washing and drying your own face cloth would not be practical. 

What do you prefer and why?

No comments: