Saturday, June 28, 2014

Coconut Oil #1 Face

I have been reading up and watching videos on the benefits of Coconut Oil for quite a while now and finally purchased it yesterday. 24 degrees celsius is the temperature at which it liquefies (it is a solid below this) which explains why it turns into an easy-to-use oil when rubbed between your fingers. As indicated on the jar, it can be directly applied to the skin.

Last night was my first time to clean my face using coconut oil. This included makeup removal. I dug my clean fingers into the jar (you could use a spoon) and softened it up between my fingers. Using circular motions, I worked it into my face and neck. Some even got in my eye but did not hurt at all. I then washed it all off gently with a face cloth and cool water. My face appeared very clean, soft and moisturised. I checked the effectiveness of coconut oil as a cleanser with a toner. The cotton pads had no residue, makeup or grime; the coconut oil had worked. I really was amazed that my face was so clean after such a quick and easy process. At the same time my face felt very moisturised.

For those of you with redness or rosacea, this is a very kind and calming way to clean your face- 100% natural too. If you are coming to the end of your facewash or cleanser, I highly recommend you to try this. Remember to wash off with cool water as warm/hot water will aggravate your skin.

The jar contains 453g or 16oz. which will last a long time. It is a very versatile product so I will blog about this a few more times, each time outlining a different use.
Stay tuned for Coconut Oil #2 Smoothie


No comments: