Friday, July 5, 2013

Today's Face - Bare Minerals, Catrice and Benefit

A few months ago I stocked up on Bare Minerals while in Boston. At the time, I tried it once or twice and it just wasn't going on right for me. The other day I said I would try it again and it went on amazingly, giving a very healthy, natural look and completely covering all my blemishes!! Today I woke to a beautiful, sunny sky and went for this healthy look again.


The products I used are: bareMinerals Original Foundation - fairly light
                                      bareMinerals All-Over Face Colour - warmth
                                      bareMinerals Mineral Veil Original
                                      Catrice Blush - Toffee Fairy
                                      Benefit They're real Mascara


Because the fairly light is too light for me I add in some of the face colour warmth. The warmth is very dark so I am careful just to add a little as I want my face to still be the same colour as my neck. I tap a little of each into a lid and swirl my brush around, mixing the two. I then tap off any excess into the lid. With the brush, I work in circular motions, blending and buffing it onto the skin. If I need more coverage I repeat this step. I am amazed at how well it covers redness - my skin looks practically flawless wearing mineral foundation.


Next I tapped a little mineral veil into a lid, swirled the brush around and tapped off the excess. Using the same brush I pressed this into the skin, especially in the t-zone. 


As I thought the mineral veil might affect my blush I put the blush on after it. I knew I would love this shade by Catrice, you only need a little so this little container which was so cheap will last for ages! It gives a very healthy glow. Yesterday I tried and tested Prime and Fine by Catrice - it says it evens out imperfections, which I guess it did to an extent. It minimised the appearance of a few blemishes I have and gave a slightly luminous finish. 


On my lashes I used this new mascara by Benefit which is probably the best mascara I have ever used. I love it. It actually does look like you have false lashes on. 


These are from Next and both have a vanilla scent/flavour. Yum!!




No comments: