Saturday, May 24, 2014

What's new?! - La Roche Posay, Benefit, Nivea & treaclemoon

I have not been blogging lately as I have been so busy preparing for my piano exam! I am a late starter to this instrument so I should be on grade 8 by the time I'm 60,  haha. No, seriously I love it and do intend on continuing with it. I sat my grade 2 exam today so I'm delighted. The past few weeks piano has been top of my list of priorities and other things like gym and blogging fell by the wayside. Now that I have more time, I will be able to blog more often!

Here are a few new things I have bought recently or started trying out. I had been refraining from testing products as my skin had reacted badly a few months ago but recently I have started trying out a few, more gentle ones.

La Roche Posay's Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel for Oily Sensitive Skin
-Soothing and Anti-Irritating
-pH 5.5
-Soap free
-Colorant free
-Alcohol free
-Paraben free ( I still do not know what a paraben is, haha)
-Tested on imperfection prone skin

I had not intended to buy this but it came with the Effaclar Duo + as a special offer. I am not quite so sure that this suits my skin type but the brand is gentle and for sensitive skin so I knew it would not do any harm. I have used it a good few times now. It is quite a thick gel so you need to wet your hands or face to build up a lather. I find it removes make up very well. A little goes a long way so it's very good value. 

Nivea's Pure & Natural Soothing Day Cream
- 95% of natural origin
-Chamomile - naturally soothing
-Argan Oil - source of vit E

I had been using Avene's Skin Recovery Cream and while it has not caused a bad reaction, it has not helped or improved my skin either. I think a good moisturiser should make a difference and that one wasn't. So ... when I spotted this in Tesco (oh how I love to browse the beauty aisles of Tesco!) the words 'Gentle' and 'Soothing' jumped out at me, even 'Natural' was in green! I had to get it. I have used it twice so far and I find it very moisturising and I have not reacted badly to it. It has quite a thick consistency but absorbs well.

La Roche Posay's Rosaliac CC Creme
-SPF 30
-for all types of redness
-a universal tone for fair to medium skin

I received a few samples of this colour correcting cream. I have yet to use it but will let you know how it goes as soon as I try it a few times.

Benefit's Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Brightening Makeup
-Oil-free
-SPF 25

I forgot I had a little sample of this and used it yesterday and today. While it is not too dark ( shade Honey), it gives a very healthy look which I like as I am on the pale side. It has a very light feel and for me it is more a tinted moisturiser than a foundation. I had to build it up a bit to cover some blemishes. Without a setting powder, its staying/lasting power is not so good so I would not rely on this for a night out or special occasion.

treaclemoon My Coconut Island Body Butter
-smells divine
-smooths and softens

I can't wait to slap this all over me, haha. When I opened it to do the sniff test, I went to lick it, it is just so delicious. It reminds me of those coconut gooey things - yum!! I love their simple packaging and website - such a humble company. 

More soon!!

No comments: