Sunday, May 25, 2014

Deep Set Eyes - How to draw them out of the socket

This is for those of you with a deep set eye. I inherited this feature from my mother and some of my sisters have it too. It is bascially where the brow bone obtrudes more than usual, creating a deeper socket and so the eyes sink back into your skull. Or it could be the other way round. Either way, you have a deep set eye.

I always wondered why my mascara always ended up on my brow bone! For most people, their lashes will flutter up and down without touching anything, but deep set eyed lashes tend to brush off the brow bone, transferring bits of mascara - how helpful! :)

For a few years now I have been blending a dark shade into the crease of my eye, thinking that was 'the look'. I have to say sometimes it did work for me and I ended up with a look I was pleased with. However, other times my eye ended up looking as if it was even more sunken, making me look like I had not slept in a week.

You are also left with less lid to work with. When you close your eye, great, you have a lid. But upon opening the eye, the lid retracts and disappears. Almost like the eyes of a doll. Now you see the lid, now you don't!

So basically you want to do two things: emphasise your lid and draw your prominent brow bone back. Both these things will pull out your eye. This is so easy to do and makes your eyes look way less sunken and tired.

1. Emphasising the lid
To make your eye lid, which is hard to see, more noticeable use light and bright colours. You can go sparkly and glittery here. I like to use yellow and purples tones as I have green eyes. With browns and greys, I would stick to lighter, shimmery tones. Go all the way from your lashes to your crease. 

2. Drawing your brow bone back
Next, I would use a darker shade on the bone, brushing back and forth, from the outer to the centre eye. I would not go too near the inner eye. I would not apply a dark shade into my crease; you want to apply darker shades on the bone above the crease.    

Remember to keep it natural, blending both shades together so there is no obvious beginning or end.
This works for me anyway - hope it helps!

No comments: