Saturday, May 3, 2014

Honey as a cleanser and moisturiser!

Honey has antibacterial properties and has a calming effect on the skin so it is perfect if you have acne, rosacea or if you just want to prevent any further breakouts. If you don't have blemishes but just simply want softer, nourished skin, try it out too. 

It is a little messy but if you're careful you shouldn't get any on your clothes, shoes and floor like I did. I took out a small spoonful and used a cotton bud to apply it directly on the areas I wanted to treat. For me, that was my forehead and sides of my nose. Avoid your eye area. I smoothed it out so that there wasn't a very thick layer or any big blobs. Gravity will obviously take an effect but you can always catch any drops and lick them - yum! 

After a few minutes it will harden and you will feel it tighten. I left it on for about 20 minutes and then washed gently away with warm water and a facecloth. 

I immediately felt my skin was softer and my blemishes looked less red - much improved appearance over all. I did this at night time and in the morning my skin was so moisturised from the previous night's treatment that I did not need moisturiser at all!

I used a jar of honey that has been in my press for ages - it had congealed so I heated it up by placing the jar in a pan of hot water. I put this on the heat, stirring the honey as it softened and hey presto, I had runny honey in no time!

No comments: