Saturday, October 4, 2014

Italy: Cinque Terre Part 1

In July I went to Italy determined to walk the Cinque Terre Trail. In all honesty it's not that difficult but bearing in mind I'm not an experienced hiker it was a big deal for me. I was really looking forward to walking it as I love walking and I love Italy expecially the Cinque Terre, which is the name given to the five villages on the northwestern(ish) coast. The whole place is so picturesque and beautiful, I love it so much; this was my second time there.

Thanks to Ryanair I flew to Pisa from Dublin and walked (yes, walked) from the airport to the only hostel in Pisa which I highly recommend, in terms of price and cleanliness. No red eye flight this time, I arrived in the evening and had a lovely wander in the warm breeze.

The next morning I got the train up the coast to La Spezia which is where you can buy tickets for and find information about Cinque Terre National Park. The Information Office can be quite hectic but manageable. From there you can reach the five villages of the Cinque Terre: Riomaggiore, Manorola, Corniglia, Vernazza and Monterosso. With the rail ticket you can travel up and down the line to your heart's content, hopping on and off, visiting and revisiting each Terre. 

If you would like to hear all about the trek and my stay in the Cinque Terre stay tuned! :)


No comments: