Friday, October 3, 2014

A little bit lighter

I thought I would share a few tips on losing a few pounds. This is what has worked for me.

1. Get busy

I have found in the past when I wanted to lose weight it was on my mind a lot but I think the trick is to not let it take over. The times I have lost weight have been when weight loss was not on my mind as I was quite busy at the time. The weight just came off then as I was getting on with life and not obsessing over food or exercise.

2. Get logical

I can only speak for myself but in the past I have consumed far more than what my body actually needed. Yes, food is there to be enjoyed but it mainly is fuel for the body so that you have energy to get through the day. The body does not need as much as we think. So maybe think of food more as fuel for the body and less as a source of enjoyment. 

3. Get thirsty

Between meals is a good time to top up the body with water. I think of it as having a mini water meal. Drinking water has so many benefits. It is unlikely that you will drink too much water but it is very likely that you are dehydrated. I try my best to drink at least half a litre between meals; I also love to drink as much water as possible when I wake in the morning. I find it is a great way to start the day and relieve bloating.

No comments: