Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Eye Makeup for Green eyes / Deep-set eyes

At the weekend I experimented with my eye shadow palettes, something I rarely do as I usually stick to the old reliable colours. However I was surprised at how I was able to come up with looks which brought out my eye colour. Here is one of those looks.

 ( I regret not taking a photo of the look as it turned out so well, but I will add a pic to this once I create the look again )

My eyes are green so I went for golds and purples. I I used the Naked 1 palette and NYC IndividualEyes 939 Bryant Park.

After prepping my eye, I applied 'Half Baked' (Naked 1) all over the lid. If your eyes are deep-set like mine, you may want your lid to look bigger than it is. Sparkly, glossy eye shadows instantly enlarge and enhance your lid, particularly if a light or bright colour is used.

I applied a lilac colour (NYC) to the middle third (roughly) of the lid, close to the upper lashes. Once I did this, I found the green of my eye popped.

I went for 'Buck' (Naked 1) and swept it over and back, on my outer crease. I don't like to darken my full crease as my eyes are deep-set. 

I don't usually highlight my brow bone as it is quite pronounced already (a feature of deep-set eyes!)

I used an eye pencil on my upper and lower outer lash line. 

I then used a fluffy brush to blend all the colours and eye pencil into each other.  

I completed the look with Gosh Growth Mascara which I got in last month's Glossybox - it is amazing!!!


This was a very good look for green and/or deep-set eyes - I was even told they looked turquoise!!
I hope you get the idea without a picture. Next time, I will have one!!

No comments: