Saturday, November 15, 2014

Winter Weathering (Prevention of)!

I thought I would post about keeping hydrated this winter, in every way 
- hair, lips, hands, body and face. 
 (I hope you like the picture. This was taken out my back on a lovely old style fence, unfortunately you can't see the fence as I thought the trees and sky looked lovely on this wintry afternoon. I had great fun taking this as the tube on the far right kept falling!)

Hair
About a week ago I bought two items from Kerastase - a shampoo and a mask. Their anti-dandruff moisturising shampoo is an exfoliant. I had never used an exfoliator on my hair before and was a little apprehensive but it was so good. Unusually I had quite a bad bout of dandruff  but it practically disappeared after the first use. If you have dandruff or dry scalp at the moment I highly recommend this. I was only on the search for a good anti-dandruff shampoo, however there was a discount on 2 or more items so of course I got sucked in and now I am the proud owner of their Nutritive Masquintense. I have yet to try this but if the scent is anything to go by then I think I'll like it. The Kerastase range is expensive but hopefully worth it.

If I'm in a hurry and don't have time to condition my hair I spray some of Herbal Essences Bee Strong  Leave-In Cream into the length of my hair. 

Hands
The two hand creams I am using these days are La Source Hand Therapy by Crabtree & Evelyn and Garnier's Intensive 7 Day. I love both of these as they are fast absorbing and don't leave a sticky feeling. I also have the La Source Exfoliator which is brilliant. I find when I don't keep my hands moisturised they look like they belong to an old lady!

Lips
Blistex Intensive Moisturiser is brilliant. Don't forget to exfoliate your lips with a toothbrush, making them all plump and soft.

Face & Eyes
Read earlier posts to find out about my skincare routine. In addition to my current routine I use Avene's Soothing Moisture Mask and The Body Shop's Vitamin E Overnight Serum-in-Oil. Once a week I apply the mask and I reapply to the areas where the mask has soaked into easily. I often get into bed with the mask on, trying to stay on my back. I wake in the morning hydrated and soft. Another great product for night-time is the Serum-in-Oil - very hydrating and softneing. Of course try to exfoliate your face at least twice a week to get rid of dead skin. The skin around the eyes dries out too so I am now lashing on eyecream whenever I remember. 

Body
My favourite body moisturiser at the moment is coconut oil. After a hot bath or shower, it soaks in very well. Again, try to exfoliate at least once a week to increase the effectiveness of your moisturiser. 

And of course hydrate your body from the inside with water and fruit :) 

No comments: