Sunday, August 24, 2014

My first time cleansing and polishing with Liz Earle

I have been washing my face with coconut oil all summer. I recommend it and it works very well. However, as I mentioned in yesterday's post, I was looking for an exfoliator suitable for rosacea and was drawn to Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser. 
So I used it last night and this morning. Since I was cleaning off my (minimal) makeup last night I used a full pump and a little extra. It is recommended you use it with dry hands on a dry face. This amount was enough for my face and neck. Using my finger tips I worked it all in. It is creamy and smells so good (eucalyptus mmm).

The only thing about this product is that I cannot use hot water (hot water and rosacea are not such good friends) so I use cold or tepid water. I rinsed and squeezed the muslin cloth (you get 2 cloths with the cleanser) and rubbed off all the cream gently. This gently exfoliates your skin. 

Unlike the coconut oil which I had been using, this cleanser has those added extras which will hopefully benefit me - rosemary, chamomile, cocoa butter and eucalyptus. 

This morning I used less than a full pump as I did not have any makeup to wash off. I wouldn't usually cleanse twice a day but I thought there was no harm in smelling that divine scent again :) I am booked in for a free Liz Earle facial in a few weeks time so I will keep you posted on my experience with Liz Earle products. 

No comments: