Friday, February 21, 2014

My current workout routine!

I thought I would share my current workout routine. At the beginning of the month I met up with one of the instructors and we put together this routine which I have done six times so far - not very many but I am already feeling a huge difference!

Treadmill 
Firstly I spend one minute at 6.5 k/h, then one minute at 8.5 k/h, alternating like this for 15 minutes.  At first the 6.5 k/h walk was uncomfortably brisk for me but now it is very do-able - way easier than 6 workouts ago. I thought I would not be able for the 8.5k/h jog but it too is fine and getting easier with every workout.

Bike
Then I go onto the spinning bike. I am supposed to do level 6/7 for 10 minutes and try to keep it over 100 rpm. The level and time, I have no problem with but the speed at which the instructor suggested is challenging to say the least. My short little legs are just not quick enough. Yesterday I did 7km which I am happy with as it is 7km more than I would have done if I had stayed at home! I am improving though, not quite hitting the 100rpm but I'm doing my best to near it.

Rower
Then onto the rower which I love. It was recommended I do 10 minutes on level 6/7 and to go at such a speed. Again the speed is the problem but I am getting a bit faster and stronger with each workout.

Weights
That is the end of the cardio and I move onto toning. I only do two exercises for the biceps and triceps. For the biceps I lift 2kg weights (very light but I don't want to strain myself :)). I do 3 sets of 15. For my triceps, I use a machine (sorry I don't know the name of the machine or exercise) and do 3 sets of 15.

After I do a few cool down exercises, that's it!! I drink about 750ml of water during the whole workout. I push myself and try work up a good sweat and get my heart pumping. I leave the gym feeling full of energy and life!!

No comments: